It is probably a phishing attempt, but I'd like to look at it to verify. In this short video I show the safest way I can think of to open an email you feel is suspicious. I know that the warning that it is unsafe to open emails, comes from the following cases (they pertain to Best Answer: All fake, just ignore it. When I get a suspicious e-mail that may contain a virus, how can I delete it without the email opening when I click on it to delete it? Spam & Scam email. Page 2 of 2 - Can you get infected just by opening suspicious email? It is probably a phishing attempt, but I'd like to look at it to verify. In most cases, when discussing suspicious mail, it is mail that may contain a bomb, or a ... Do not open the letter or package. If spyware is downloaded to your computer, it can then record the keystrokes you use to log into your personal online accounts and then sends that information back to the criminal. As long as you dont click on links or open attachments. You are fine as long as you didn't open the attachment, next time, don't even open the email. Suppose also that I'm using form of webmail (like Gmail) with good spam filters, but this message made it When I get a suspicious e-mail that may contain a virus, how can I delete it without the email opening when I click on it to delete it? Accept the default installation path: C:\Program Files\AVG Anti-Spyware allow it to open with your browser. Watch out for email threats that DON'T look suspicious (at first). Chances are that in the past month youve received an email in your inbox that pretends to be from your bank, e-commerce vendor, or other online site. Why should I be aware of the mail received at the workplace? - posted in General Security: If youre using Gmail in a browser, youre pretty safe when reading emails. Q: I have been confused by cautions not to open suspicious-looking email because just opening it can do bad things to my computer. 3. I just received a suspicious email (judging by the sender and subject line). Page 1 of 2 - Can you get infected just by opening suspicious email? Yes, I know well that the normal answer is 'You don't!' I am using Windows 7 ... Be skeptical when it comes to your email messagesif it looks even remotely suspicious, dont open it. Q: I have been confused by cautions not to open suspicious-looking email because just opening it can do bad things to my computer. email is both an ... Use email safely. If you received an unsolicited email that is supposedly from your bank asking you to "verify your information" then you are probably the target of a phishing attack. Learn about safely handling email attachments and ... that includes the word "Application" or is otherwise suspicious. I would like to know why is it considered to be dangerous to open an email from an unknown source? A threat to your cyber security could be a click away Would you know a phishing attack if you saw one in an email? I would like to know why is it considered to be dangerous to open an email from an unknown source? ... Share the suspicious activity with other people in your organization via email. If you receive a suspicious Google Doc email in your inbox, do not open it. However, in this case I have been trying to email a govt department which is renowned for its extreme tardiness.